Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top O' the Mornin' To Ya'!



This is the lobby of the bank where Brian works. These pipers come every year and say they love the acoustics of the bank.

It's really hard for me to see bagpipers and not shout "WE HAVE A PIPER DOWN!" But it must be said with a thick Scottish brogue. (Can you imagine my excitement when one of my friends took up the bagpipes in high school! Playing the pipes really does make you light headed and she would be close to passing out quite a bit at first, which gave me ample opportunity to shout one of my favorite lines from "So I Married an Ax Murderer".)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


p.s. please don't comment on the fact that today is St. Patrick's Day, an IRISH holiday (of sorts) and I want to shout something with a Scottish brogue. I'm aware of the discrepancy... thank you...

5 comments:

Mae said...

Awesome! Thanks Brian and the iPhone!

And Kate, your PS was meant for me, huh?

Em said...

So COOL!!!

I still love the pipes, and have been toying with the idea of getting a set sometime soon. Luckily, I still have a practice chanter. I'm sure my neighbors would love it. HA!

Annessa said...

That is awesome! I like the acoustics in the bank, too. It's really a neat building, architecturally and design inside -I've never felt that way in another bank.

Lisa Henderson said...

That is so cool and John couldn't resist yelling there is a piper down!

SLO Rober said...

No, Mae. Promise. It was just me being silly and pedantic.
Kate