Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

I love this movie


I recently watched this movie and fell in love with it. Not only is it a fun modern fairy tale with great actors, but I LOVE the color palette and artwork in the movie. Christina Ricci's wardrobe is so coloful, yet classic. I covet her room and vow to decorate my house like it - starting with the terrariums. They actually reminded me of the fairy garden I just posted. In the movie they are bell or cloche jars with miniature plants decorated with little woodland people and creatures. I wish I could find an image of the terrariums from the movie, but here is an image from smith and hawkin just to give you an idea of what a terrarium is. If anyone can find the image from the movie, let me know. I also love the title lettering of the movie complete with flowers, vines and butterflies twisting around it ( this image does not show this). Heres the link to the movie: penelopethemovie.com
Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Mark and/or Lisa said...

I like movies that have sort of an over-saturated color palate. Edward Scissorhands was another one along those lines that was cool to watch.

John and Lisa Henderson Fam said...

Just put it on our Netflix so thanks for the suggestion...and I love that same effect in Nanee Macfee

The White House said...

i already had this movie in my netflix queue! it looks cute! now i will have to move it up to the top.

SLO Rober said...

Yes! nanee macfee is another fave.

Beagle Buds said...

Love the terrarium and I can't wait to see the movie!