Today is the last day that all three of my chicks are safe and sound at their elementary school together. Next year Ashlynn will be entering the No-Man's-Land that is Middle School.
As you can see from the pictures, it was a little bit of a rough morning. Ash was moody. She was barking at everyone. As we were taking these pictures she said, "I don't feel like smiling." Lovely.
Briggs couldn't find his toothbrush, which is really odd ( I can't comprehend how one loses a toothbrush) and gross at the same time, because this is the conversation that followed.
"Did you or anyone take it out of the bathroom?"
"Did you have it yesterday?"
"You haven't brushed your teeth in a long time, have you?"
And then he just hung his head in shame... oh boy.
So as I'm sitting in my quiet house for the last time for a few months, these are the thoughts that are running through my mind:
- I always want to majorly purge my house of junk this time of year. I want to throw it all away!!!
- I've got bleach soaking in the bathroom because it smells like a public urinal in there...
- I won a little family competition we have going on with license plates. I found triple 8 on a plate, so I get to request something from the kids. My request was that they learn how to strip and wash their own bedding this summer. Should they have learned this by now, I don't know. Whatever...
- I've got the kids end of the year surprises all ready and waiting for the kids today. I made scrapbooks out of all of the notes I put in their lunches this year. I even included some instagram pictures of each of them through out the year in the books. I also made another summer playlist, just like last year. And I have a pile of new books to give them that will be our summer out-loud reading. I kind of like these traditions we've started.
- I'm grateful that I don't have to make school lunches anymore for a while. I hate that job.
- I'm thinking about how much time I'm taking on this post, and that the number of minutes to myself is dwindling, so I better make them count.
- I love summer! (But I also like a little peace and quiet...)