Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mr. Popper's Penguins

We just finished this book last night. It was cute, but the kids didn't seem as into it as some of the other books (maybe I just wasn't into it. You know me and animal books or movies. Not a fan.) Either way, when we finished, Ashlynn said she really like it. Have any of you read this?
I'm so excited about our next book, Little House in the Big Woods! It was one of my favorites as a child. What are some books you remember treasuring as a child? I'm always looking for more books to read to the kids!

3 comments:

Mark and/or Lisa said...

I think Island of the Blue Dolphins was the first 'big' book I ever read and I remember feeling so grown up and really enjoying it.

Mae said...

I loved Indian in the Cupboard. Oh, and Fairy Rebel

SoCal Rogers said...

Thinking back... I didn't read very much when I was little. Peter LOVED to read and he was so good at it to. He always added in voices which made me laugh. Peter would borrow books from Grandma Gloria's house. I remember at a very young age love listening to Peter read mystery novels. Our favorite series was Agatha Christy.