Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Father's Dragon

Ooh! I forgot to say that when we finished the book Ashlynn said, "That was the bestest, happiest book ever!"

The kids and I just finished reading this book together and we LOVED it! We also read "Elmer and the Dragon" and "The Dragons of Blueland". The kids begged to read it every night until we got through it. They were so captivated and excited by the story. I just love reading to them. Up next is "James and the Giant Peach" I figure we will read books from the 3rd grade Battle of the Books reading list until they lose interest (hopefully they won't!) Then Ash will be ahead of the game next year! Here's to happy reading!

3 comments:

Mae said...

Oh so fun! I was lucky enough to always have someone to read to me. Grandma and I had a tradition where she would always read to me, and then when I got older, we started reading 2 minute mysteries. Great bonding time!Seriously, we read together till I was at least 14! I think the last thing we read together was Shakespeares "The Tempest".

Lisa Henderson said...

THats a great idea! It's a good way to increase the intelligence of your kids!

Annessa said...

Thanks for the suggestion! We are reading Castle in the Attic that EJ recommended, right now. They are both entranced. We'll try this next!