Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ty 1 and Ty 2

While the kids are at school, we may encounter Ty 1. . .
. . . or Ty 2. The power struggles are really becoming ugly, but I'm working through them and finding things that work. It's really bad when you're standing in line at the pharmecy waiting to get "happy pills" and your child throws such a tantrum you have to physically remove him from the store. "But how am I going to get my pills?!" He eventually calmed down and we went back in.
Briggs started soccer (yes. He's the only one wearing a baseball cap.) And Ashlynn started piano lessons. I was upstairs bathing the boys last night while she was downstairs practicing. All of the sudden her music drifted upstairs and sounded so beautiful in our home. I hope she grows to love music.
We also finished the next book on our list, "James and the Giant Peach". It makes me so happy to hear Ashlynn begging to read any time there is a spare moment, or looking through the stack of books to pick out the next book we can read. Briggs asked last night, "If we finish "James" tonight, can we start the new book tomorrow?" We started Pippi Longstockings this morning! I'm creating little book worms! I love it!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Annessa said...

Here's to book worms!
And, I hear that some places, mail your pills to your house...especially when your kid pitches a real fit in the doctor's office. They will also automatically schedule you a pscyh appointment. If only a nanny came with it...

Lisa Henderson said...

I love that first picture of Ty! The colors and his intensity are so awesome!

Nana said...

Pizza Pie boy just needs some alone time with his Mana. He can roam in my back yard and make all the mess he wants. I'll hose him off once a day and feed him 3 squares-a-day and snuggle him & read to him at night before bed time. The picture of him painting is remarkable though.
Nana

SLO Rober said...

You want him? You are welcome to him.(he,he!)