Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Emerson's quilt

I had to share some pictures of the qulit I made my friend's little girl. This was the first quilt I made trying to be creative with my machine quilting. The meandering stitch was the best I could do.
I would love to get my quilts professionally quilted, but I haven't been able to locate anyone affordable in this area. I called one lady who quoted me $150!!! for this little quilt!! That's when I got on line and watched a bunch of tutorials on how to do it myself without a fancy machine.

So there's me tooting my own horn.

toot toot!

p.s.I got the design idea from one of my favorite sites, Handmade by Alissa. I love her use of a wide variety of fabric all in one quilt.









10 comments:

Mae said...

Holy Hannah! That's some intricate stitching! Looks great!

kmk said...

Gorgeous quilt!! You inspire me! Have you ever made or tried a Hawaiian quilt? My dream is to do one. You have the talent, you could do it.

Lisa Henderson said...

very cute Kate...you have really come a long way! I loved the lake quilt too...did you leave that up there at the lake?

V and Co. said...

its....perfect.
job well done!

Jenn Kirk said...

So pretty! Melissa's girls seem quite happy with it, too.

Every SeaSHELL Has a Story...This Is Mine said...

Wow, Kate!!! Great job. The quilts are beautiful.

Annessa said...

That's beautiful! I love what you did on the back. Thanks for sharing - always toot!

Elisa said...

Kate, it's beautiful!! I love the mix of reds/pinks and turquoise. such a keepsake! I'd love to learn how as well! You are an inspiration!

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow Kate it looks great. I should try looking online for tutorials too about sewing. I'm not very good but its fun to try

Julie said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I'm trying to get the courage to cut into a honeybun that my mom gave me to make a quilt. I found your blog thru V and Co's blog. I don't know if you remember me, but I was in SLO 3rd ward starting in '98. My maiden name is Bravard.