Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Some enlightenment

I've been gone at girls camp for a week and I'm still trying to get my feet under me, but I thought I'd leave you with some words of wisdom from Ty until I can update some pictures.

Ty likes to help me make dinner. This is usually a good thing because it keeps him from causing trouble in another part of the house. However, this usually means I have to find some mundane and harmless task to keep him busy in the kitchen.
So last week, he was putting the corn for that nights dinner on a platter. He decided to take it one step further and pick all of the corn silk off.
After some time, he started getting frustrated, and in his husky voice he said,
"Ooh! This is hard work! This is what Beavers do! Except they do it with logs!"

Here's to the Beavers (and the moms) in this world who work hard.

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

How cute, They say that babes say the darnest thing, pretty smart if you ask me, I never thought of that!

Hope you had a good time at girls camp, that was always so fun for me.

Annessa said...

What?! Beavers?! Where does this kid get his stuff? I can just hear him saying that, while picking away at the corn in an ocd manner. Way to go- keeping him busy during dinner prep!