Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Ted Turner, anyone?

While we are on the subject of my dad and what famous person he looks like (o.k. Maybe you have all moved on and I haven't...) I would be remiss if I didn't share these pictures with you.

You see, my dad may have looked like Magnum P.I. in his early days, but in his more mature years he's a dead ringer for Ted Turner. No joke.

My parents were at a gas station once. My dad was outside pumping gas while my mom was inside (probably buying a Snickers bar...cause that's what we do...). All of the sudden there was a flurry of voices and people gaping out of the window.

"Oh my gosh! Is that Ted Turner! I think that's Ted Turner!"

My mom excitedly joined the gawking. Desperately searching for Ted, she slowly realized that they were talking about her husband!

"That's no Ted Turner. That's my husband!" She sarcastically informed them.

A new millenium, a new doppleganger. You decide.

1 comments:

Annessa said...

That's hysterical! I've never heard that story. But, he's a dead ringer. Either way, I've always thought our dad was handsome.

I wonder how Dad feels about all the "press" he's getting on our blags these days?